Diet Coke “National Boss’s Day” Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win.
1. Eligibility: The Diet Coke “National Boss’s Day” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, Weber Shandwick, Merkle Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Coca‑Cola Company, One Coca‑Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each nominator and nominee fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), October 16, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET, November 16, 2020 (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit DietCoke.com/BossDay and follow the links and instructions to nominate someone in your life who has “answered and gone beyond the call of duty to take on all that 2020 has entailed - like a true boss - while remaining authentically and unapologetically themselves,” is 18 years old or older and resides in the 50 U.S./D.C. (“Nominee”). You (“Nominator”) must complete and submit the entry form, including your Nominee’s full name and valid email address, and your full name, valid email address and date of birth. You may also optionally complete the statement explaining why your Nominee should win (“Nomination Statement”). The Nominee automatically will receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes.
You cannot nominate yourself. Further, you must have permission from the Nominee to nominate him/her, including providing his/her information and the Nomination Statement, and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, you must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Limit: You may nominate/enter up to 4 times during the Promotion Period. Each nomination/entry must be unique; you may nominate/enter a Nominee 1 time only. Multiple Nominators are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Nominator to obtain more than the stated number of nominations/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that Nominator’s nominations/entries and that Nominator and his/her Nominee(s) may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that Nominator. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted for Nominee will be deemed to be the Nominee/entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
6. Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the selection of the potential winners are final and binding. On or about November 17, 2020, Administrator will select the names of the potential winning Nominees in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winning Nominee will be required to provide Administrator proof of eligibility, Release, and a mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) for eligibility and prize fulfillment purposes within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If a potential prize winner fails to provide the requested information within the required time frame, potential winner may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted, forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded.
3 GRAND PRIZES: A Diet Coke-branded mini refrigerator and a 1 year’s supply of Diet Coke, awarded as approx. 365 12 oz. cans in base Diet Coke, will be awarded to the Nominee in each winning entry. Nominator receives no prize. Approximate Retail Value: $530.
The 1 year’s supply of Diet Coke will be fulfilled in four shipments. The first shipment of Diet Coke and the refrigerator will be fulfilled approximately 8 to 10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes. The subsequent shipments of Diet Coke will occur quarterly in 2021 (in approximately April, July and October) via Amazon.
No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 prize per person.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Nominator’s and Nominee’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use Nominator’s and/or Nominee’s name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence and Nomination Statement for promotional purposes in any media, including social media channels such as Twitter, without further consideration.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, outbreak of widespread illness, pandemic, or other similar occurrence, civil unrest, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Coca‑Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, Weber Shandwick, Merkle Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors or human error; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/3nv2iHB. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.